SWEENEY’S SEAFOOD BAR & GRILL TO REOPEN FOR INSIDE DINING IN EARLY JUNE
Dear Valued Guest:
We hope you and your family have stayed in good health over the last challenging months. Our community has been through much and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: Our commitment to you (and our staff) to safely dine at Sweeney’s Seafood Bar & Grill.
We are enacting a phased approach in order to fully open our restaurant. As most of you know, for the past weeks we have offered curbside delivery from a limited menu. We plan to continue that but expand from 3 days a week to 6 days a week. Our limited menu is now available for curbside delivery Tuesday-Sunday of each week from 4-8pm. Please call 937-291-3474 to place your order.
This expanded curbside delivery process allows us to bring our staff back on board, deep clean all sections of our restaurant and prepare to offer inside dining. This also includes renewing our fish/seafood and food sourcing and purchasing contacts. Certain food items are now in short supply and we expect to see this for the next few months. We are working directly with our fish/seafood mongers and food suppliers to ensure we have what we need to support our full menu. But, since we expect that some items will not be available every week, we will open with a slightly abbreviated offering.
This soft-opening process not only includes the cleaning and food sourcing but establishing new protocols and seating arrangements to follow state guidelines as well as those from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As a result, we are making some changes to the restaurant and the way we host and seat you, our guests. We want to ensure we meet the social distancing requirements while accommodating as many guests as possible and minimizing wait time.
So, now, and in the foreseeable future, all seating in the Bar, Patio and Dining Room will require you to call 937-291-3474 to enter your request and confirm your appointment time.
When you (and your entire party) arrive for your appointment, we ask that you do not enter the restaurant (since our inside waiting room does not provide the minimum space for social distancing) and that:
§ One of you call or text us once all members of your party have arrived; remain in your vehicle(s) or outside and we will call or text you when it is time to be escorted to your table, or
§ One of you enter and let the hostess know you have arrived, then return outside and once your table is ready your entire party will be notified and escorted inside.
You will also find other changes:
· We will only seat in every other booth in the main dining room and rearrange our tables and separate bar seating to ensure we meet social distancing requirements.
· We will follow the state’s group size standards of 10 or below.
· Our staff will be wearing masks and we encourage you to do the same until you are seated.
· Our staff will not be wearing gloves (as there is danger in using gloves from one customer to the other) but we have installed a number of sanitizing stations for them to use between contacts.
· We will have disinfectant stations inside the restaurant for use by our customers.
· You will see some minor changes to the restaurant itself as some temporary partitions have been installed.
· We will not have condiments or other items on the tables. Those will be provided to you by your servers when requested.
· As always, silverware will be rolled inside your napkin.
· We will take the temperature of each staff member every day to ensure each is below the state mandated temperature of 100.4. We will monitor their wellness closely.
· Each member of our staff will have read and signed the Employee Health Policy Agreement.
· We ask that each of you review Ohio’s mandated wellness guidelines on display at the entrance before entering. And, of course, if any member of your party is unable to meet them, please reschedule your dining for another date.
While we hope all these changes are temporary, please understand we are trying to keep everyone safe during these unprecedented times. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about our procedures or the things that might concern you. Please be patient as we ease into normalcy, we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
The only thing that WILL NOT change is our commitment to providing you the safest, freshest and most delectable fish, seafood, meat, pasta, vegetables and deserts.
And, finally, our special thanks to all of you who have supported us by ordering curbside carryout. This provided a bridge to allow us to open our restaurant TO INSIDE DINING in early June. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back inside our restaurant. Thanks again and we HOPE TO SEA YOU SOON!